This policy addresses health and safety concerns regarding transmission of COVID-19 in SOVA facilities. All students and employees in the School of Visual Arts are required to abide by these policies at all times while using the department’s facilities.
- Masks are required while in SOVA facilities. Please help protect others and yourself. Students, employees and visitors are expected to supply their own masks and may be refused access to our buildings if they do not have a mask.
- Students and employees are required to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or apply hand sanitizer upon entry or reentry into classrooms and studios.
- Please limit touching of equipment and surfaces to that which is required for your work.
- All studios and classrooms are subject to closure at any time. Any personal belongings of importance should be removed after each use. Students should not store items overnight in SOVA spaces unless they have permission from faculty.
- All students, faculty and staff utilizing SOVA spaces must complete the Novel Coronovirus (COVID-19) awareness online class provided by Virginia Tech Environmental Health and Safety Services. Failure to complete the module will result in loss of access to SOVA spaces.
Capacities & Studio Specific Policies
Room capacities are no more than what can be supported with 6’ physical distancing. Faculty needing guidelines for reducing risk of COVID-19 transmission in classrooms should consult the University Registrar webpage and the Virginia Tech Vice President and Provost site.
Reporting COVID-19 Cases
By using SOVA facilities all students and employees agree to report potential exposure to COVID to SOVA faculty or the SOVA administrative assistant. Employees should report exposure to their supervisors. SOVA will follow all University and State regulations on privacy for those reporting.
- Students and employees are encouraged to download and utilize the Hokie Ready app on Apple and Android
- Students and employees should refer to the University’s online checklists before returning to campus for work, move-in, and class attendance.